By Cat, Jan 2008 (Photo, right, from Wikimedia Commons)
Chocolate makes wonderful sauces as well as frostings and fillings. Dark chocolate is the most healthful to use; see Chocolate (about) for more on the different types of chocolate.
Dark Chocolate Sauce
This is a simple sauce used to top desserts such as cream puffs or eclairs.
Ingredients & Equipment:
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup raw light cream
- 1 Tbsp Rapadura sugar
- 1-quart saucepan
- egg whisk
- Coarsely chop chocolate and set aside.
- Heat cream and sugar in saucepan just to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat; add chocolate and let stand 1 minute to melt the chocolate.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over dessert servings.