by Cat, Aug 2007 (photo, right from Wikimedia Commons)
I’m not really enthusiastic about raw soups, but this one does sound really delicious, I haven’t tried it yet, mostly because I don’t have a juicer.
Creamy, Chilled, Raw, Carrot Soup
This recipe is adapted from Lucy Lock, on the Mercola website (1). Perfect for breaking a fast, to reintroduce solid foods.
Ingredients & Equipment:
- 1 1/2 cups freshly-juiced carrots
- 3 large organic tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons scallions, chopped (including green parts)
- Small handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed and cut into chunks
- 1/3 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (optional)
- fresh basil leaf or sprig of cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Immersion blender and medium-sized bowl; or regular blender.
- Juice the carrots; chop tomatoes, scallions and basil; peel and pit the avocado, then cut into chunks. Put all in medium bowl (if using immersion blender) or large regular blender.
- Add cumin, lemon juice and coconut milk (if using).
- Blend well. Serve
Assembly or Serving Suggestions
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with fresh basil leaf or sprig of cilantro.