by Cat, Nov 2007 (Photo, right, from Wikimedia Commons)
This recipe is from The Vegetarian Epicure, Book 2 by Anna Thomas, and makes about 1 1/2 cups. It will keep, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.
Ingredients & Equipment:
- 1 recipe (1 1/2 cups) Mayonnaise or Mayonnaise with Whey
- 2 Tbsp minced watercress or spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 Tbsp minced fresh chives or other fresh herbs, such as basil, tarragon, chervil
- Pint jar with lid
- Proceed as for regular mayo, adding the minced herbs to the egg mixture in the blender or food processor.
- Give it a good spin before starting to pour in the oil, to make sure the herbs are really minced and not just finely chopped.
- The Vegetarian Epicure, Book 2 by Anna Thomas