List of Sweetener Articles
See also Diet & Health Menu
NOTE: I am moving recipes & articles from my old Cat’s Kitchen site to this site, so be patient – I have many, many to move.
- Processed sugars (about) (white & brown sugar, dextrose, levulose, sweet dairy whey, corn syrup, HFCS)
- Unprocessed & minimally-refined sugars (about) (dehydrated sugar cane juice such as Rapadura, honey, maple syrup, molasses, malted barley, sorghum, sweet dairy whey, coconut crystals)
- Unrefined Powdered Sugar: Make Your Own
- Caramelized Sugar (About): Caramel, Toffee & Butterscotch
- Other Sites:
- Alternative Daily (22a) for a great article on“Natural” vs White Sugar, and Alternative Daily (22b) for a wordy sales pitch for the writer’s new book on the benefits of honey.
CAUTION: be sure the product you use is Organic or Non-GMO Verified (symbol, right, from Non GMO Project (1)).
- Non-sugar Sweeteners (about) (includes xylitol and other sugar alcohols, stevia, lo han, date sugar, and artificial sweeteners). Does not yet include monk fruit – I’m looking into it.
- Stevia (about); a natural substitute for sugar
- Good, Natural Sweeteners, Other sites:
- Health benefits of Stevia – What is Stevia Good For (Mercola)
- Molasses and Blackstrap Molasses (Wellness Mama)
- 4 Sugar Alternatives That Won’t Poison You (Green Med Info): Xylitol, stevia, raw honey, & molasses
- Bad, Artificial Sweeteners, Other sites:
- Splenda (Sucralose) Releases Toxic Dioxin When Heated , plus Other Toxic Issues (Green Med Info) The name might sound like sugar but buyer beware!
Related Sweet Cravings Articles from the EssentiaList
These articles are written by me, and available as pdf files saved on this site:
- Part 1: Natural Sugar Sweeteners (pdf)
- Part 2: Corn Syrups, Agave Nectar & Aguamiel (pdf)
- Part 3: Stevia, Xylitol and Artificial Sweeteners (pdf)