by Cat, June 23, 2023
This recipe is from an article in the Daily Inter Lake newspaper, 6/22/23.
Dosage: per original author, take 1 shot in morning.
Ingredients and Equipment
- 1-2 inch piece of dried ginger root
- 1 Tbsp dried dandelion root powder
- 1 Tbsp dried burdock root
- fresh, pure water
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 3 Tbsp Organic apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 3 Tbsp raw, unfiltered honey (preferably from a local bee hive) [Cat’s NOTE: if honey has crystalized, do not use it, as it may be contaminated]
- Small pot such as a sauce pan, with lid
- Glass pint jar
- shot glass (for serving)
- Peel ginger root and thinly slice cross-wise;
- Combine ginger in small pot/sauce pan with dandelion and burdock root powders, and 1 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Strain into glass pint jar.
- Squeeze juice from lemon and add to jar with vinegar and honey.
- Stir mix well, and let cool.
- Serve as is, or chill before serving.
- To serve: Fill shot glass halfway with mixture, and down before breakfast.
- Store remaining liquid in refrigerator up to 1 week.