by Cat, Aug 2007
Kefir makes wonderful probiotic smoothies. This recipe is from Lucy Lock on Mercola’s website. You can use other fruit as well. I like mango or peaches. Mixed berries are also delicious.
It is always best to use raw honey from local bees, as the pollen comes from plants adapted to the native area (this minimizes allergic response). Or you can use a pinch of stevia extract powder as a sweetener if you are avoiding sugars.
Ingredients for 10 oz glass
- ½ cup chilled Kefir, homemade from fresh raw milk
- 2 large, frozen, organic strawberries
- ½ teaspoon Raw Honey, or to taste (or a tiny bit of stevia)
- Pour kefir into your blender (or into tall glass and use an immersion blender)
- Add in strawberries
- Drop in honey.
- Using your blender, blend, then pour into a glass and serve