By Cat, Feb 2019 (June 2019: moved from original article: Detoxing from Toxic Heavy Metals and Other Toxins)
Some heavy metals are good for you (up to a point), such as copper, iron, selenium, zinc, and more. For these, it is best to take them in chelated form, such as bound to a protein, peptide or amino acid). Taking them in their ionized (salt) form, can be harmful. Others are quite toxic (no matter how you are exposed to them), such as aluminum, lead and mercury.
I get my chelated iron from a grass-fed beef liver supplement (from New Zealand), and I take the following chelated heavy mineral supplements: zinc picolinate, copper biglycinate, and selenomethionine.
Detox (detoxification) is “the physiological or medicinal removal of toxic substances from a living organism, including the human body, which is mainly carried out by the liver.” (11) The methods for heavy metal detox are still being formulated, and I have tried several of them to detox mercury. Unfortunately, I’ve developed food sensitivities to most of the detox agents I’ve taken, as indicated in the list below. All of these are discussed in this article, tho I may move some to separate article because this post is getting too long).
- Includes: (those marked with ‘*’ I have not yet tried)
- EDTA chelation (caused a food sensitivity)
- DMSA and DMPS chelation (synthetic; both caused a food sensitivity)
- Chlorella & Cilantro Heavy Metal Detox Protocols (see link for separate article)
- BioSol and PectaSol protocol* (I plan to try this next)
- Humic and fulvic acids (so far, no problems with this one)
- Garlic for lead detox (which I eat frequently from my garden, once my food sensitivity to the onion family was eliminated)
- Cyto-Detox supplement*
- Ultra Binder supplement*
- NanoVi device*
- See Also (This Site): 1. Notes on Natural Health Topics Menu; 2. Detox (About) including Several Detox Methods; 3. Chlorella & Cilantro Heavy Metal Detox Protocols; 4. Notes on Natural Healing Remedies Menu
- See Also, Other Sites: Mercola interviews of Dr Shade on Mercury Exposure (8f), and Three Pillars of Detox (8e).
See Detox (About) or as noted, for the following topics:
- Four signs you need to detox
- Mercola’s three pillars of detox
- General Detox
- 3 – 7 day whole body detox with raw veggie juices
- Detox with bentonite clay
- Detox with:
- 3 – 7 day whole body detox with raw veggie juices
- Bentonite clay
- Detox mitochondria (the batteries in your cells)
- Detox from
Detox Methods for Heavy Metals
The first two methods, below (EDTA and DMSA/DMPS) are not natural from foods.
EDTA (ethylenediamine tetra-acetic acid) is an early chelating agent, typically taken via a shot or IV, that is used to detox lead, mercury, copper, iron, arsenic, aluminum and calcium. It is also used as secondary treatment for lead toxicity only.
It I can be used to treat arteriosclerosis (plaque deposits inside arteries, eventually resulting in hardening of the affected arteries) and atherosclerosis (arteriosclerosis affecting the arteries that feed heart muscle). While it is not known how EDTA therapy works, it has been well established that it does work, not only to reduce soft plaque, but also to result in reduction of calcium-hardened plaque.
Initially it was believed that EDTA worked as a treatment for martial plaque by binding calcium and removing it from the plaque. But while EDTA is very effective at chelating calcium, this theory or its action on arterial plaque has been disproven.
The current hypothesis is that EDTA chelates free, unbound heavy metals in the blood, such as iron not bound by hemoglobin. Free heavy metal ions are highly inflammatory, and it is believed that inflammation is what starts the accumulation of soft plaque. Refer to my articles on Inflammation or on Atherosclerosis for more on this subject (Links go to my old site; they may no longer work if I’ve moved those articles to my new site). By chelating these free toxic ions, and thus allowing for their removal from the body via the urine or feces, the overall level of arterial inflammation is reduced. But it is still not at all certain how the hardened, calcium-laden plaque is broken down.
EDTA Suppository (7/11/19 update): I was unaware of this option until my naturopath gave me a sample suppository to try (EDTA + cocoa butter); it is inserted into the rectum. It has far fewer side effects than IV or oral applications, because it is not metabolized. See Dr. Hagmire’s article for more, including how to use his recommended Kelatox suppository. The following are my key notes from his article: (37)
- Use Kelatox 2 – 3 hours after your last meal, preferably right before going to bed, and at least 8 hours from taking a vitamin/mineral supplement;
- Use once, nightly, for up to 90 days;
- Empty bowels before inserting suppository;
- To facilitate insertion, moisten suppository with warm water;
- If inserted while lying on one’s side, consider remaining in the supine position (lying on back, face-up) for 10 minutes following insertion.
- Drink lots of filtered/purified water while chelating;
- Detox liver and kidneys to receive maximum benefit; for example, during a veggie juice fast that includes liver and kidney detox.
However, food sensitivity testing (NAET) on 7/16/19 indicated I am very sensitive to the suppository at all levels (tested with the plastic that surrounded the suppository removed). So I won’t be taking the suppository.
DMSA and DMPS chelating agents
DMSA and DMPS are thiol (sulfur-containing) synthetic chelation agents that perform dual duty: they mobilize and bind to the heavy metals and carry them out of the body via the feces or urine. They work primarily on mercury, lead, cadmium and arsenic. DMSA is the first agent I tried; it did reduce my mercury levels somewhat, but then I developed a food sensitivity to it (very painful in my gut), so I had to stop using it. It is likely I would also have a sensitivity to DMPS.
They also bind to essential minerals such as magnesium and calcium, so do not take any essential mineral supplements while taking DMSA or DMPS. Back when I tried these, I did a 2-week schedule (see Two Stages, below).
Two Stages: Chelation and Re-mineralization:
Note, this applies to chemical chelation, such as DMSA or DMPS; it does not apply to most natural chelations such as using chlorella and cilantro.
It is important to remember that the chelating agent will not only grab the toxic heavy metals, but also vital minerals your body needs. For example, calcium, iron, magnesium, chromium, selenium and zinc are all vulnerable to the chelator. Therefore, it is advisable to refrain from taking mineral supplements beginning 12-18 hours before dosing with chelating agent (chlorella) until the afternoon of the day following the dose. If you do not do this, the chelator will simply pick up the minerals from the supplement and not touch the embedded toxic metals.
- Chelation: Each day of chelation therapy, avoid all supplemental sources of minerals, as they will be chelated instead of the toxic minerals.
- Re-mineralization: Do this on days you are not chelating; see Other Considerations, in the subsection: Remineralization, below for more .
Note: If you do chelation every day, you will overwhelm your body. Instead, do:
- 1 week chelation, then 2 – 3 weeks re-mineralizing is recommended; OR
- 2-week cycles as: 2 days chelation, and 12 days re-mineralizing; this is what I did so I wouldn’t have to go a whole week without my essential magnesium.
Example schedule, Sunday – Tuesday:
- Sunday, After 2 PM: cease taking any mineral supplement;
- Monday 8 AM: take the chelator/binder. If you wish to take the chelator several days in a row, do not resume mineral supplementation until 3 PM the next day after you cease taking the chelator/binder;
- Tuesday (or the day after you stop taking the chelator), after 3 PM: you can resume mineral supplementation; i.e., remineralization (see below).
This ability of the chelator to remove essential minerals could have a silver lining: It could remove them from hiding where they are not wanted (such as calcified arterial plaque); then when you remineralize after chelation, they could be restored to where they are wanted, (such as calcium to bone tissue).
Remineralization: As instructed, it is very important to remineralize after the dosing period, to restore your levels of essential and trace minerals. It’s a good idea to take mineral supplements with a glass of raw milk or kefir, or a bowl of unsweetened yogurt, as the raw or cultured dairy products increase the absorption of the minerals. Also a good idea to take some fish oil or cod liver oil at the same time, as the fats also increase the absorption. (I do both of these when I drink my morning smoothie).
In addition to taking mineral supplements, also drink plenty of filtered or distilled water that has been remineralized by adding clay or other mineral source (see Detox with Bentonite clay). Or you can drink unfiltered water if you have had it tested and know it is free of heavy metal contamination and chlorine.
- ConcenTrace is a liquid mineral source from pure sea water (with the sodium removed), available from Radiant Life ( available on Radiant Life (9))
- Ancient Earth Minerals (available on Live Superfoods),
- Vital Earth Fulvic-Humic Mineral Complex (iHerb code VEM-00003),
- Azomite (38) is a certified organic, natural trace mineral fertilizer, but can also be added to water to take supplementally
- Unrefined sea salt, such as Himalayan Salt, Real Salt or Celtic Sea Salt should be used instead of table salt
Chlorella & Cilantro with Vitamin C for Heavy Metal Detox
This section has been moved to my article: Chlorella & Cilantro Heavy Metal Detox Protocols).
See also Dr. Mercola’s Mercury Detox Protocol included in my article: Chlorella & Cilantro Heavy Metal Detox Protocols).
BioSil and PectaSol-C Modified Citrus Pectin for heavy metal detox
I’ve not yet tried this protocol, which is from Wellness Mama (14). Read entire article for details of how to take these supplements. NOTE: I’ve transcribed her online article: HowDetoxHeavyMetals-WellnessMama (pdf) (6 pages). See also Travis Wade Fitness article (19), which includes info on dosing.
This also requires two supplements, BioSil to mobilize the toxic metals, and PectaSol-C to bind (chelate) and eliminate them (see below from iHerb). I like the idea of this one, as it doesn’t impact essential minerals, only the toxic ones. I’ve not yet tried this, but plan to do so soon.
She warns: “This is a two-part recommendation; don’t take one without the other.” This is because one ‘mobilizes’ the heavy metals (pulls them out of the tissue where they hide); and the other ‘binds and eliminates’ them.” Unfortunately, she doesn’t provide the order in which these should be taken, but as for chlorella/cilantro combo, take the one that binds and eliminates first (PectaSol-C), and the one that mobilizes them second (BioSil).
Take both of the following (available on iHerb or Amazon as indicated); see Wellness Mama article (14) for more details.:
- BioSil (from Natural Factors, to mobilize): see iHerb code NFS-39186 or 39183 (120 or 60 caps), or Amazon (ASIN B004KU8H56); take 1 capsule/day (7); about $50 for 120 capsules (120 days at recommended detox dosage);
- PectaSol-C (from EcoNugenics, to bind and eliminate): see iHerb code ECN-00012 or Amazon (ASIN B00YJJDTPG); take 5 grams or more/day (7); about $42 for 150g or $97 for 454g (30/90 days respectively, at recommended detox dosage). Note: it doesn’t bind essential minerals (see below).
If you only do the first (the mobilizer), the metals will circulate through your blood causing even more harm. If you only do the second (the binder), the metals will not be available to bind and eliminate.
It may also be helpful to take butyric acid (Tributrin, Butyrex or Butyrate; see Mercola’s protocol, above).
Humic & Fulvic Acids for Heavy Metal Detox
What are these acids, and why are they important? A Review
Humic substances are organic compounds that are important components of humus, the major organic fraction of soil and peat. Humus in nature is produced by biodegradation of tissues from dead organisms (fungi, plant and animal) [it becomes a major component of your compost pile, if you wait long enough]. Humus significantly affects the bulk density of soil and contributes to its retention of moisture and nutrients. The main types of humic substances are humic acid, fulvic acid and humin. (33A,B)
They are formed through the chemical and biological humification of plant and animal matter and through the biological activities of micro-organisms over eons – they are found in abundance in pre-historic deposits (the sedimentation layers referred to as Leonardite), but are also present in smaller quantity in good quality soil that has not been contaminated by fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides. They are then taken up from that soil by plants, and by animals who eat those plants.
See Soil Biotics: Research for Results pdf (35) for lots more great information about humic and fulvic acids, and Lenoardite. (I’ve saved the pdf in CATSFORK > PDF Files / HumicFulvicAcids-soilbiotics.pdf)
Dr. Axe has a great article on how to take these acids supplementally (12B). I used to get them from PrescriptAssist probiotic that contained the acids from Lenoardite, but the formula was changed and I developed a food sensitivity to it (because of the pea protein added after the change).
Feb 2020 update: I now take Terraflora, which is Enviromedica’s replacement for PrescriptAssist after its formula was changed; it contains humic acids. I also take Nutricology’s Humic-Monolaurin (iHerb ARG-56720) and Morningstar’s Inner Vitality (liquid fulvic/humic minerals).
7 ways these organic acids support heavy metal detox
According to a Health Secret sales pitch for their supplement (32A), there are 7 ways these organic acids support heavy metal detox. The following list is from that article unless noted otherwise. See the article for more detail. [Cat’s note: I saved the article as a pdf: CATSFORK > PDF Files / HumicFulvicAcid-HeavyMetalDetox-HealthSecret.pdf.]
- Reduce inflammation by combating free-radical damage;
- Powerful antioxidants, that protect your body and brain from free radical damage and even reverse it;
- Ensure optimal nutrient absorption, and determine which minerals to absorb for optimal cell balance;
- Increase silica absorption, which among other silica functions binds to aluminum, a toxic heavy metal with a direct connection to Alzheimers;
- Support gut health (microbiome balance) by being both probiotic and prebiotic, and help stop or prevent “leaky gut” (gut permeability);
- Bind (chelate) and release heavy metals (Aspergillus niger (a fungus), cordyceps, dandelion root, milk thistle, rhodiola, uva ursi, and yucca rootare great for this, too). Studies have found that humic and fulvic acids have ion-selective electrodes that can be used for attracting heavy metals. (12B)
- Untangle and block formation of amyloid and tau plaques, a common feature of a brain with Alzheimer’s.
[Cat’s Note on how this build-up happens and what Big Pharma wants to do about it: These proteins are a part of our immune system. When the brain tissue is damaged from the inflammatory action of the heavy metals, the immune system provides the proteins as a “bandaid” to protect the inflamed tissue until it can heal. Then, in a normal situation, an enzyme is sent to the area of the brain to break down the bandaids. But when the inflammation happens over and over again in the same area (due to free-radical damage, such as that from toxic heavy metals), more of the amyloid and tau proteins are sent to the area, which build up as plaque and are more difficult to remove.
Big Pharma wants to invent a chemical that will remove the plaque rather than eliminate the cause the the problem (the inflammatory substances such as heavy metals). Such action would then expose the inflamed area to more damage and deeper harm.]
Possible additions to the humic/fulvic acid detox
In addition to detoxifying your body from heavy metals, humic/fulvic acids also offer an overall improved health, but if you have any parasites, you will also need to address them, and also clean your colon of debris and toxins, as part of the detox.
Cat’s note: I have been treating my pesky parasite with a tincture combo of: black walnut, bracken fern and woodfern for many years, and I do a 3-day veggie juice fast which includes a colon cleanse every 6-months. I have not tried the following 3 treatments.
Treat Parasites: A very important part the metal detoxifying process includes ridding the body of parasites and cleansing the colon.
- Due to symptoms being so general in nature, parasitic infestations continue to go unnoticed. Millions of people are unknowingly living with these organisms that feed on the cells and blood of their hosts. General symptoms include (32B):
- Digestive problems
- Poor concentration
- Skin rashes
- Sleep issues
- Muscle cramps
- Allergic reactions
- Not only do parasites steal the nutrients the body needs resulting in malaise and an unexplained lack of energy, many also contain toxic metals.The body cannot be free of harmful metal traces without the complete removal of parasites.
- Parasites excrete toxins into the bloodstream after feeding and when they die, thus weakening the host even more.
The three Well of Life supplements pitched by Jonathan Otto are as listed below. I include the ingredients of each; you could certainly use the ingredients on their own in other ways, such as adding to a smoothie; many of the herbs can be taken in a tincture mix.
ParaPurify which removes parasites from the body and contains:
- Organic mimosa pudica: Works its way through the intestinal walls, pulling out parasites, toxins, heavy metals, biofilms, and other unwanted elements to provide immune and digestive support.
- Organic neem leaf powder: Another Ayurvedic healing nutrient that supports parasite removal, detoxification, immune function, gastrointestinal health, liver, and skin health.
- Organic clove powder: Clove is another natural powerful herb containing antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It has been used all over the world for centuries to remove harmful toxins from the body and aid in proper digestion…
ToxiBinder which binds and removes toxins and contains:
- Humic and Fulvic Acid Powder: These bioactive compounds help chelate or bond with toxic and inorganic metals to remove them from the body. They also work as powerful free radical scavengers.
- Organic Cordyceps Mushroom: Promotes the excretion of water-soluble toxins via the kidneys. Also offers support for immune health.
- Organic Silymarin: This powerful herb helps detoxify the liver and provides potent antioxidant protection.
- Organic Uva Ursi Leaf Powder: Used traditionally to support liver and kidney health
- Organic Yucca Root: High in antioxidants to defend against free radical damage and support immune health.
- Organic Dandelion Root: Helps cleanse the liver and fights free radical damage.
- Organic Rhodiola Rosea: Adaptogenic herb used in traditional healing to detoxify the body, increase energy, and offer antioxidant protection.
- Lipase (an enzyme that digests fats and plays a role in liver detoxification.
ColonCleanse which “supports the detoxification process to the end, while simultaneously improving digestion and maintaining regularity- which is greatly attributed to a healthy gut.” (32B), and contains:
- Aloe vera leaf: Used for centuries to cleanse the colon and help occasional constipation.
- Cascara sagrada bark: Well known as a digestive aid and tonic for constipation.
- Rhubarb root: Herb that promotes regular bowel movements.
- Gentian root: Ancient herb used as a digestive aid.
- Goldenseal root: Herbal remedy used for centuries. Contains berberine and other substances that support gastrointestinal health and provide relief of bloating, cramping, and constipation. [Cat’s note: while the antimicrobial berberine is very effective, it is important not to take it for more than a week at a time (then take a break), because if you take it continuously longer than that, your body will stop responding to it.]
- Buckthorn bark: Contains compounds called anthraquinones, which help ease constipation.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: Probiotic bacteria that promotes immune and gut health. [Cat’s note: there are many other probiotic bacteria that provide the same benefit. However, none of them will be effective if you don’t also provide prebiotics to feed them. See my Probiotic & Prebiotic Supplements article for more.
- Oat: Provides fiber to aid in digestion and helps cleanse the colon.
- Alfalfa leaf: Contains digestive enzymes that assist digestion and reduce gas.The potassium found in alfalfa helps relieve constipation.
- Psyllium husk: A natural, soluble plant fiber that gives bulk to the stool.
- Bentonite: A type of clay that helps remove toxins and accumulated fecal matter in the colon.
Garlic for lead detox
An article by Sayer Ji of Green Med Info (20a), discusses a study showing garlic is as effective at detoxing lead as a prescription drug, with fewer side effects. The study, titled “Comparison of therapeutic effects of garlic and d-penicillamine in patients with chronic occupational lead poisoning,” divided study participants into two groups: those treated with garlic, and those treated with d-penicillamine. Both groups had significant reduction in blood lead concentrations (BLCs), with no significant difference between the two groups.
However, the study also studied degree of clinical improvement in several clinical manifestations (side effects) including:
- decreased deep tendon reflex, and
- mean systolic blood pressure.
Those treated with garlic showed significant clinical improvement in these side effects, while those treated with d-penicillamine did not. The study concluded, “Thus, garlic seems safer clinically and as effective as d-penicillamine. Therefore, garlic can be recommended for the treatment of mild-to-moderate lead poisoning.”
I note that including garlic in your daily diet is also important for Mercola’s Mercury Detox Protocol (see my article: Chlorella & Cilantro Heavy Metal Detox Protocols).
Cyto-Detox Supplement to Chelate Heavy Metals
A Breakthrough in Cell Detoxification, from Dr. Dan Pompa (2), includes 24 min video. This method uses a supplement called CytoDetox to chelate heavy metals. It includes a liposomal version of the mineral, zeolite clinoptilolite, that allows the mineral to pass through cellular membranes to assist in cellular-level detox. The mineral is formed from a chemical reaction between volcanic ash and saline water. It also contains phosphatidylcholine and fulvates (salts of fulvic acid). In its natural state, it is loaded with chelated heavy metals that must be stripped away before using in the supplement. Obviously, the mineral has a great ability as a heavy metal chelator.
“Ultra Binder” (supplement) for Heavy Metals and Other Toxins
(from Jonathan Landsman article (3) Optimizes natural elimination of debris and toxins including endotoxin (LPS), metals, and unwanted microbial by-products through the intestines.
Contains: USP Sodium Bentonite clay, Activated Charcoal, Chitosan, Fibregum™ Bio (Acacia Gum), BiAloe® (Aloe Vera), and a proprietary thiol-functionalized silica (IMD).
Mix 1 teaspoon in 8 oz. bottle of water. Shake well & drink.
NanoVi Device to Detox Heavy Metals and Other Toxins
From Wendy Myers article, 48-min video, and video transcript (4a). (I also saved transcript in HEAVY METALS SUMMIT > RELATED VIDEOS-TSCRPTS / Transcript-242NanoVi-Detox-HealthyAging). Her article provides instructions on “how to own the device,” at the end of the article.
The device has to do with energizing water vapor that you breathe:
- A vapor is created from distilled water, producing airborne microscopic droplets.
- The NanoVi’s patented technology uses a specific electromagnetic wavelength to excite the tiny droplets of water mist.
- This energizes and structures the surface of each water droplet, so they become the same ordered water you’d find in healthy cells and pristine nature.
- You breathe this energized, ordered water vapor in, and it positively influences the entire cellular environment of your body.
- In as little 15-60 minutes (depending on the model you’re using), you experience deep cellular repair, healing and overall rejuvenation.
It provides the following benefits, according to Wendy Myers:
- Improved cellular detoxification — My body (and cellular) ability to remove waste has improved significantly; even if I have a rough day or stray from my diet, or I’m exposed to more city pollution (or electro-pollution, such as EMFs), I find I recover faster now.
- Lower stress and better sleep — Tracking heart rate variability before and after a NanoVi™ session shows how effective it can be for the nervous system. This is especially true for the sympathetic nervous system, which is involved in sleep and recovery.
- Recovery from overworking/long hours — Because I have my own business (multiple businesses, in reality!); I can sometimes have super long days, with hours on calls, recording podcasts, videos, computer work, meetings and more. I’ve found that NanoVi™ ensures that, even with a huge workload, I’m able to avoid extreme exhaustion and overwhelm.
- More natural energy — I’ve also noticed that since I began using NanoVi™, my overall energy levels are higher and that I have less need for coffee or anything stimulating. This is likely due in part to the improved mitochondrial function it supports.
- Anti-aging support — Much of the aging process we experience is caused by oxidation and inflammation. Heavy metals are major sources of these, but far from the only source. I’ve found that my body feels less inflamed overall… my skin is plumper, softer and moister… and my entire body just feels “younger.”
Induced sweating detoxes heavy metals, BPA and phthalates
An article in Green Med Info (20b) about a 2011 study published in the Archives of Environmental and Contamination Toxicology, concludes “Induced sweating appears to be a potential method for elimination of many toxic elements from the human body.” This includes heavy metals, petrochemicals BPA and phthalates.
- Wellness Education Center (WEC), Kalispell MT
- A Breakthrough in Cell Detoxification, from Dr. Dan Pompa (drpompa.com/additional-resources/health-tips/cell-detoxification-cytodetox-zeolite)
- Jonathan Landsman article: naturalhealth365store.com/Ultra-Binder-Universal-Toxin-Binder-120g_p_66.html
- Wendy Myers:
- On NanoVi detox device:
- on mitochondria detox: store.myersdetox.com/collections/heavy-metals-summit-collection/products/mitochondria-detox
- on sugar detox: Sugar 101 and 10 min Video
- Catherine Haug article: How to Detox Glyphosate ( Roundup) from your Body
- The Klinghardt Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol (customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/9steps.htm)
- About Zeta-aid: customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/mcdaniel.htm
- Mercola articles:
- Richard johnson interview:(articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/03/13/richard-johnson-interview.aspx)
- What is NADPH and NOX (articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2019/02/04/what-is-nadph-and-nox.aspx)
- Detox protocol: mercola.com/article/mercury/detox_protocol.htm
- Interview with Dr. Klinghardt on mercury elimination: mercola.com/article/mercury/mercury_elimination.htm
- Mercola on “Three Pillars of Heavy Metal Detoxification (8e) (articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/03/20/heavy-metal-detoxification.aspx
- Mercola and Dr. Shade on articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/06/dr-shade-on-mercury-exposure.aspx
- Folate sales pitch: products.mercola.com/folate-supplement
- Journal of Biological Physics and Chemistry
- How to Detox Glyphosate ( Roundup) from your Body (by Cat)
- Meaning of detox from Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detoxification)
- Dr Axe:
- Gaiam blog: blog.gaiam.com/blog/mercury-detox-a-3-step-plan-to-recover-your-health/
- Wellness Mama: wellnessmama.com/302581/detox-heavy-metals/
- TTAC: thetruthaboutcancer.com/signs-you-need-to-detox/
- Wikipedia: wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylenediaminetetraacetic_acid
- Natural Society: naturalsociety.com/proper-heavy-metal-chelation-cilantro-chlorella/
- National Integrated Health Associates: nihadc.com/library/detox-for-life-class-2-addit-resources/54-4-dosing-with-chlorella/file.html (site requires signing a disclaimer before allowing access
- Travis Wade Fitness: traviswadefitness.com/blog-1/2016/4/11/heavy-metal-detoxification (link no longer valid)
- Green Med Info:
- Yerba Prima’s Great Plains Bentonite Detox, Liquid formula (yerba.com/product/bentonite-herbal-detox) See also iHerb code YBP-00519
- Healing Daily (healingdaily.com/oral-chelation/chlorella-dosage.htm)
- Paleo Leap (paleoleap.com/butyrate-anti-inflammatory-fat)
- Center for Wellness (cfwellness.com/butyrate)
- Curezone: Cilantro/Chlorella/Vitamin C Chelate Mercury (curezone.com/blogs/fm.asp?i=969381)
- Kitchen Doctor (kitchendoctor.com/herbs/cilantro.php)
- About Nrf2: nrf2.com
- GMOsRevealed email text (3/20/19)
- Organifi Gold powder for Golden Milk/Tea organifi.com/1-gold-text-cb/
- Well of Life (Jonathan Otto sales pitches):
- Soil Biotics: http://soil-biotics.com/files/7373-soilbiotics-humicacid.pdfs
- Dr. Hagmire on EDTA Suppositories: drhagmeyer.com/product/kelatox-edta-chelation-suppositories30-count/
- Azomite: azomite.com/