By Cat, originally Feb 2019; moved and updated here, Jan 2021
I’ve moved this from my original article Detox from Heavy Metals, because I plan to try this in the new year (2021), and will likely add to it. It is originally from Wellness Mama (1), which I have transcribed in its entirety as a 6-page pdf: HowDetoxHeavyMetals-WellnessMama (pdf). The article provides details on how to take these supplements. See also Travis Wade Fitness article (2), which includes info on dosing.
This method also requires two natural supplements:
- BioSil to mobilize the toxic metals, and BioSil is a form of silicon found in foods such as brown rice, rolled oats, soybeans, onions, pumpkins, carrots, cabbage, cucumbers, and alfalfa (4). See iHerb code NFS-39186 or 39183 (120 or 60 caps), or Amazon (ASIN B004KU8H56); take 1 capsule/day (7); about $50 for 120 capsules (120 days at recommended detox dosage);
- PectaSol-C to bind (chelate) and eliminate the heavy metals (from EcoNugenics, to bind and eliminate): see iHerb code ECN-00012 or Amazon (ASIN B00YJJDTPG). It is a natural product from the pith of citrus fruit peels (5).
Wellness Mama (1) warns: “This is a two-part recommendation; don’t take one without the other.” This is because one ‘mobilizes’ the heavy metals (pulls them out of the tissue where they hide); and the other ‘binds and eliminates’ them.” Unfortunately, she doesn’t provide the order in which these should be taken, but as for chlorella/cilantro combo, take the one that binds and eliminates first (PectaSol-C), and the one that mobilizes them second (BioSil).
You must take both supplements for an effective detox. If you only do the first (the mobilizer), the metals will circulate through your blood causing even more harm. If you only do the second (the binder), the metals will not be available to bind and eliminate.
She recommends the following brands and dosage (but you can certainly use other respected brands):
- BioSil (from Natural Factors (4), to mobilize): see iHerb code NFS-39186 or 39183 (120 or 60 caps), or Amazon (ASIN B004KU8H56); take 1 capsule/day (7); about $50 for 120 capsules (120 days at recommended detox dosage);
- PectaSol-C (from EcoNugenics (5), to bind and eliminate): see iHerb code ECN-00012 or Amazon (ASIN B00YJJDTPG); take 5 grams or more/day (7); about $42 for 150g or $97 for 454g (30/90 days respectively, at recommended detox dosage). Note: it doesn’t bind essential minerals (see below).
It may also be helpful to take butyric acid (Tributrin, Butyrex or Butyrate; see Mercola’s protocol (6) cited in my article Chlorella & Cilantro Heavy Metal Detox Protocols). I take ButyCaps, which is a natural form of tributrin.
- Wellness Mama: wellnessmama.com/302581/detox-heavy-metals/
- Travis Wade Fitness: traviswadefitness.com/2016/04/11/2016-4-11-heavy-metal-detoxification/ (Travis reposted the article 1/12/21 using same url as original post)
- mercola.com/article/mercury/detox_protocol.htm (note his articles may have been removed from his site)
- About Zeta-aid: customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/mcdaniel.htm