The bulk of the information on this page is from Lee Euler of Awakening From Alzheimer’s, via email. If the item doesn’t list a different source, it is from Lee.
I’ve reorganized this list into categories; this posting is: 1. Symptoms & Causes. See also: 2. Diet & Lifestyle; 3. Foods and Supplements; 3. Testing & Treatment; 4. Related Diseases/Disorders.
Early Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease
Mercola has an interesting article on early signs of Alzheimer’s, one of which is walking gait, which is uneven (articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2019/10/10/dementia-walking-gait.aspx). He quotes a study (Neuropsychiatric Diseases and Treatment 2008 Feb; 4(1): 155–160): “ Dementia-related gait changes (DRGC) mainly include decrease in walking speed provoked by a decrease in stride length and an increase in support phase.”
He also lists several other telltale signs of dementia, and Alzheimer’s screening tests.
Smell – loss of
From 3/26/18 Lee Euler email: Loss of smell can be a good indicator of memory loss/Alzheimer’s, but there are other common causes (of loss of smell) as well: “The number one reason this occurs is due to the common cold. The loss can last for months afterwards or even become permanent. Other causes are sinus infections, hay fever and nasal polyps.”
From 7/9/18 Lee Euler email. There is a strong correlation between weak muscles and Alzheimer’s/Dementia. Not sure whether it is a symptom or a cause. He sites a Finnish study – see Science Daily: (sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170626093546.htm).
Causes & Risk Factors
High risk for Alzheimers, and possible cause (TTAC article (16a)). Many ways to get aluminum exposure including food (preservatives, colorants, caking agents, baking powders, self-rising flour), and as a contaminant from foils, cans, pouches, and cooking with aluminum pots and pans. There is also a major hidden one: adjuvant in vaccines.
Anti-depressants and other drugs
See Lee Euler’s video transcript for more detail (3c, formerly (22)). Many over-the-counter and prescription meds can cause Alzheimer’s symptoms, by how they act on the brain: These include the most common medications used for:
- Allergies (antihistamines),
- Cardiovascular disease,
- High blood pressure,
- Overactive bladder,
- Parkinson’s symptoms,
- And many other common health conditions.
These meds work by their anticholinergic effect – that is, they block the important neurotransmitter, choline, from brain and nerve cells. According the the researchers, “acetylcholine is the most important neurotransmitter for conversion of short-term memory to long-term memory.” (6f) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25621434/ and other articles (3c: Green Valley Natural Solutions, formerly #22).
Blood Type – Effect of
10/20/17: The REGARDS study (Reasons for Geographic and Racial Differences in Stroke) followed more than 30,000 people for almost four years. The University of Vermont’s Dr. Mary Cushman analyzed part of the data and found that people with type AB blood were 82% more likely to develop the symptoms of cognitive impairment that can lead to dementia.
Calcification of brain tissue
(from Sayer Ji – Green Med Info) Highlights:
- Calcium deposits in brain are common in many brain tissues as people age, and those in the pineal gland may be a factor in dementia by disturbing melatonin levels
- Fluoridated water (and other fluoride sources), and excess inorganic calcium supplementation (in conjunction with magnesium deficiency) may be factors
- Curcumin (in turmeric) and other food-based nutrients appear to have brain supportive and protective functions
BDNF (Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor): Exercise
(From Lee Euler email; see it online). Especially in middle age, exercise is important for brain health and helps prevent cognitive decline in later years. One explanation might be brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).
BDNF is a protein that’s vital to our brain health. And low levels of BDNF are common in Alzheimer’s patients.3 This makes sense because BDNF plays an important role in our memory. It keeps our neurons and synaptic connections healthy, and it helps our brain create new cells and neural connections, no matter how old we are.
Exercise boosts BDNF levels
And people who exercise have higher BDNF levels. Lee Euler sites 4 studies:
- Neurology.org: Midlife cardiovascular fitness and dementia (17)
- ncbi: The Association Between Midlife Cardiorespiratory Fitness Levels and Later-Life Dementia (6g)
- ncbi: Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its clinical implications (6h)
- ncbi: A meta-analytic review of the effects of exercise on brain-derived neurotrophic factor (6i)
Other ways to help to ensure you have enough BDNF Protein
2/16/18: The body can make it but may need help. What to do to help:
- Eat blueberries or blueberry vinegar;
- Get daily sun exposure;
- Daily exercise – even a brisk walk helps, (see above);
- Yoga and/or meditation;
- Get adequate Omega-3s in food and/or supplements.
Pdf: HEALTH-NUTRITION > 1-DOCU-SERIES > AWAKENINGfmALZHEIMERS > RELATED-ARTICLES / BDNF Protein_LEuler.pdf (includes references)
Everyday Things That Can Damage your Brain
By Dr. Tom O’Bryan (see his link for free pdf). I saved 2-page pdf: 1-DOCU-SERIES / DR TOM / OTHER FILES > Everyday-Things-Brain-Damage.pdf (unable to import file; will try again later). He also suggests buying his book: You Can Fix Your Brain (link to purchase at end of pdf).
Highlights of pdf:
- Gasoline contains benzene which readily vaporizes: It goes through your permeable lungs, into your bloodstream, and right up to your brain, where it causes inflammation, which damages your nerve cells. Think of that times THOUSANDS of fill-ups over your lifetime! Solution: stand upwind of gas nozzle, or better yet, wait inside until tank is full.
- Toxins in tap water (see also Chlorine item below: Get a filter; discusses 3 options: whole house filter, RO filter for drinking water, or counter-top filter (like Brita).
- Chlorine in your shower water. It can lead to thyroid problems by binding to iodine receptor sites on thyroid cells. Get a chlorine shower filter. for bath water you need a whole-house filter, but he doesn’t discuss whether it can remove chlorine.
- New Clothing toxicity, and how to protect yourself: All new clothes are saturated with chemicals that keep bugs off of them during shipping. Wash them before wearing; avoid anything that is labeled “wrinkle free.”
- Disposable plastic coffee cups: avoid plastic cups, plates and tableware. Bring your own stainless steel thermal coffee mug to local shop. If you make your own, don’t use plastic filter-cups; instead, invest in a plastic-free stainless steel coffee maker; or use a French Press.
- Cash Register and Credit Card receipts: they contain BPA/BPS. Decline receipt at check-out. The chemicals can lead to heart disease, vitamin D deficiency, and obesity!
- Flame-Retardant bed sheets could be causing hormone disruptions, lowered IQ, attention deficit, fertility issues, thyroid disease and cancer!
- Wrinkle-free sheets are treated with formaldehyde. Instead, buy organic cotton sheets and don’t worry about wrinkles (or iron the sheets)
Hearing Loss and Cognitive Impairment
(from Lee Euler): Studies snow a strong correlation between hearing loss and dementia. From the most recent study (2011) Hearing Loss and Incident Dementia (6j):
“A team at Johns Hopkins found in their study that the risk of dementia among those with hearing loss was between two and five times greater compared to those with good hearing. As the degree of hearing loss increased, so did the risk for dementia.”
Does wearing a hearing aid reverse the connection to dementia? YES. A study at the University of Manchester, England, and published in the Journal of the American Geriatric Society in July. They compared rates of cognitive decline before and after the participants started to wear hearing aids, and taking into account multiple factors that could cast doubt on the results, they found the devices slowed cognitive decline by 75%.”
Heavy Metals and Alzheimers
There is a strong connection between Alzheimer’s and a dangerous heavy metal build-up happening in your brain, from Jonathan Otto (38) unless noted otherwise..
Two “sticky proteins,” amyloids and tau tangles, can build up as plaque in the brain, inhibiting the covered tissue from working properly.
[Cat’s Note on how this build-up happens and what Big Pharma wants to do about it: I believe these proteins are a part of our immune system. When the brain tissue becomes inflamed from the inflammatory action of the heavy metals, the immune system provides the proteins as a “bandaid” to protect the inflamed tissue until it can heal. Then, in a normal situation, an enzyme is sent to the area of the brain to break down the bandaids. But when the inflammation happens over and over again in the same area, more of the proteins are sent to the area, which build up as plaque and are more difficult to remove. Big Pharma wants to invent a chemical that will remove the plaque rather than eliminating the cause the the problem (the inflammatory substances such as heavy metals). Such action would then expose the inflamed area which would do more and deeper harm.]
What do heavy metals have to do with the inflammation, and how do they do it? From the article (38; note, I’ve changed the formatting from the original quote):
“Research also tells us that heavy metals increase levels of chemically-altered molecules called ROS (reactive oxygen species) in the brain. These cause serious damage to brain cells, including cell aging and death… ROS:
- are said to be a factor that occurs early in the development of Alzheimer’s.
- production rises when amyloid plaques are present in your brain.
And excessive heavy metals can create an imbalance in your gut. Compromised gut health has also been connected to decreasing brain function, depression, dementia, and Alzheimer’s.”
The article also discusses:
- What are heavy metals?
- How can you detoxify your body of excess heavy metals? [and] Side effects of these chemically-based pharmaceuticals include renal failure, severe headaches, increased cancer risk, and life-threatening low calcium. [Cat’s note: see also my article: Detox from Toxic Heavy Metals]
- Your Secret Weapon Against Alzheimer’s: Humic and Fulvic Acids [and] 7 ways humic and fulvic acids, help you detox from heavy metals. <<add details (7 keys) fm (38) – Health Secret article – to Detox from Toxic Heavy Metals
See Natural Health News article: Homocysteine imbalance connected to a HIGHER risk of Alzheimer’s disease (18).
Highlights: Elevated homocysteine has higher risk of dementia and other neuro-degenerative diseases. Increasing intake of vitamin B6, vitamin B9 (folate, not folic acid) and vitamin B12 can help keep homocysteine levels low, according to a study on mice. Food sources for high levels of:
- B-complex: organic spinach, wheat germ, beets and avocados;
- B12: Wild-caught salmon, grass-fed beef and organic dairy products [especially raw].
Household Toxin: Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
This toxin is present in the air of almost every home; inhaling it is likely the most common cause of dementia/memory issues. A sales pitch video from Mindful Nutrition (39) for a supplement: REAWAKEN, goes into this in detail. NOTE: it states it is a “short video,” but it is at least 1-hour long; I did not continue to watch it to the end, but instead found a short 2018 article on Best Health Nutritionals (40) that doesn’t talk about the supplement, but does explain what the common household toxin is:
Cut your dementia risk… protect your brain… and potentially REVERSE cognitive problems with the flick of a switch?
It just might be possible, my friend, and the latest research shows how easy it is. And when I talk about the “flick of a switch,” I’m not using a metaphor. There’s likely a literal switch IN YOUR HOME right now, one most people almost never use, that can help shield your brain. ….
… if you use gas at home, especially for cooking, you could have levels in your own kitchen. … [the switch is] the one over the hood of the stove that controls the exhaust fan… the one most people only use when the smoke alarm goes off.
Then I looked into the ingredients in REAWAKEN (from Mindful Nutrition). Unfortunately, The product (REAWAKEN Advanced, Brain Boost Formula) on getreawaken.com has different ingredients and “other ingredients” than the product of the same name on Amazon (amazon.com/Reawaken-Supplement-Mindful-Advanced-Capsules/dp/B09QG45FWW), but possibly manufactured by a different company (Ideal Performance). You can view the ingredients of the two different “REAWAKEN” sources by clicking on the links above. Also, I’ve saved images of the two different ingredient lists and the 2 slightly different jars (but both are from Mindful Nutrition) as follows: CATSFORK ESP-WEB / CATSFORK-QTH / PHOTOS-FILES / SUPPLEMENTS / REAWAKEN >
HSV-1 virus (herpes simplex that causes cold sores):
From a long voice-only video (“This Deadly Sleeper Virus Triggers Alzheimers”) by Dr Glen Rothfeld, for which I have saved the transcript (19a). It’s bottom line is that he wants you to buy his book, The Complete Guide to Reversing Alzheimer’s (see 19b for links to purchase site). The following is my abbreviated notes from the video/transcript.
There is a strong correlation between those who carry the HSV-1 virus and the incidence of Alzheimer’s. Other herpes viruses may also have a connection to dementia, by increasing the risk of, or possibly being a cause: HSV-1 and HSV-2 (herpes simplex types), and HHV-6a, 6B, and 7 (human herpesviruses). (from Healthline). See also Science Daily
However, this connection simply means those are common threads and does not mean the virus causes the disease. Here’s some of the evidence of those common threads:
- HSV-1 actively replicates in the brain, causing damage…
- The DNA of HSV-1 is present in a very high proportion of Alzheimer’s patients…
- Several trials show that the more HSV-1 you have in your blood, the higher your likelihood is of getting Alzheimer’s…
- And more HSV-1 is found in damaged areas of the brain than in areas untouched by Alzheimer’s…
Many people carry the virus without showing any symptoms (no cold sores), but simply carrying the virus means a high likelihood you will have Alzheimer’s.
His protocol consists of 3 steps; it:
- Deactivates the virus, preventing further damage… so you can sleep easy at night, secure in the knowledge that your brain isn’t under attack. This is accomplished with a common natural antivirus substance. To this, you need his “100% natural antiviral substance” that “obliterates the virus and flushes it from your body.”
- “Reverses the damage that’s already been done, no matter how mild or serious your symptoms are. Whether it’s your memory that’s letting you down… or you’re having trouble recognizing names and faces… my protocol can help you return to normal life—in a matter of weeks.” You need his book to learn more about this step.
- Ensures that your now-healthy brain remains healthy… meaning you can look forward to years—even decades—of fun and joy with your family.
Ketones – from a ketogenic eating plan – help if your brain is starving due to decreasing ability to absorb and burn glucose; the ketones (from hi-fat diet) are alternate energy source. They ensure that your now-healthy brain remains healthy… meaning you can look forward to years—even decades—of fun and joy with your family.
In addition to taking his supplement, you need to remove certain OTC and prescription drugs from your routine. For example, OTC cough/cold/allergy medicines; acid-reflux meds (nexium, prilosec, etc); anti-anxiety meds (valium, xanax, and klonopin).
This step also helps detox heavy metals like mercury, lead aluminum.
However, to find out the details of his protocol to combat this virus and undo the harm it has done, you have to order his book, The Complete Guide to Reversing Alzheimer’s, for $40 plus $5 shipping. If you purchase the book, you also get a bonus booklet, Brain Games: How to Protect Your Mind—and Your Memories—in just 10 minutes a day. To purchase, see reference 19b.
See also a Healthline article and/or a Science Daily article (19c).
Iron in Excess raises Alzheimer’s risk
From Mercola (5g). Highlights:
- Your body has limited capacity to excrete iron, which means it can build up in your tissues and organs. This is problematic, as iron is a potent oxidizer, capable of damaging tissues, including your brain.
- Buildup of iron in your brain causes a rusting effect, and appears to play an important role in the development and progression of Alzheimer’s disease;
- Researchers have also found elevated cerebrospinal fluid iron levels are strongly correlated with the presence of the Alzheimer’s risk allele, APOE-e4, and patients with higher iron levels deteriorate earlier and faster than those with low iron.
- Iron overload is easily diagnosed by measuring your serum ferritin. A healthy, ideal level is between 40 and 60 ng/ml.
- Adult men and non-menstruating women with high iron levels would benefit by donating blood two to three times per year to normalize their levels and avoid “rusting” in the brain
See Mercola (5h). Includes: high sugar diet & diabetes; lack of sleep; prolonged sitting.
Medications that cause inflammation in the brain
Feb 24, 2018: The following is from a sales pitch by Lee Euler for a Green Valley supplement, Advanced Brain Power; I have saved it as MedsCauseDementia_LEuler.pdf.
The Anti-Cholinergic Burden (ACB)* list of the “worst memory-impairing medications” includes those with a score of 3, which includes: (I’m quoting from Lee’s article):
- “virtually EVERY sleep aid out there, including popular, brand-name sleep medications taken by millions of people;”
- “most antihistamines people take for the common cold, flu, allergies, or other breathing illnesses;”
- “Some of the most prescribed antidepressants;”
- “The most common medications used for overacative bladder, Parkinson’s symptoms, cardiovascular disease, COPD, high blood pressure, and many other common health conditions.”
* ACB stands for Anti-Cholinergic Burden; the list from Aging Brain Care is divided into three classifications: ACB 1, 2 or 3, with 3 being “definitive” – the worst offenders. See the complete ACB list at agingbraincare.org/uploads/products/ACB_scale_-_legal_size.pdf. I’ve saved it as a pdf on my site at Meds-ACB_scale_-_legal_size.pdf
Pdfs: HEALTH-NUTRITION > 1-DOCU-SERIES > AWAKENINGfmALZHEIMERS > RELATED-ARTICLES / (MedsCauseDementia_LEuler.pdf and Meds-ACB_scale_-_legal_size.pdf
Relationships – Quality of
11/20/17: “Relationship advice columnist Wendy Atterberry believes there are 15 issues every couple must discuss before tying the knot. As well as more obvious ones concerning children and career plans, they include the type of mattress to sleep on, whether to have a TV in the bedroom and where to take vacations. But there was one question to consider that didn’t make the list. Maybe it should have done, and it’s this: Will getting married raise or lower the risk of dementia?”
Pdf: HEALTH-NUTRITION > 1-DOCU-SERIES > AWAKENINGfmALZHEIMERS > RELATED-ARTICLES / Relationships-Quality_LEuler.pdf (link doesn’t work; I’ll summarize the text when I get a chance).
Sleep – the major cause of Alzheimer’s is easy to fix
See 3-page pdf file (path below) which provides a copy of email text from Lee Euler.
I saved the pdf: HEALTH-NUTRITION > 1-DOCU-SERIES > AWAKENINGfmALZHEIMERS > RELATED-ARTICLES / Sleep-how to fix.pdf (sorry, link doesn’t work). I’ll summarize it here when I get the chance.
See also Mercola’s article on REM Sleep for his section on How to Increase REM Sleep
I didn’t record the original source of this article, but I did record the references used in the article, as numbered in red.
You can sleep on your back (supine), stomach (prone), or side (lateral). But when you sleep on your side, especially the right side, your body does a much better job of removing waste from the brain.
“While you sleep, your brain is working hard. It’s cleaning out the waste it collects during the day by rinsing it into your glymphatic system.” (8) Excessive buildup of this waste – consisting mostly of beta-amyloid and tau proteins — is harmful to the brain and is associated with Alzheimer’s disease. However, during sleep this debris is washed away as large amounts of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) flood the brain. (13) [
Cat’s note: while beta-amyloid can be harmful to the brain if it is not removed when no longer needed to help with healing of oxidized tissue, it’s original purpose is to act as a bandaid to protect damaged tissue. When no longer needed, a particular enzyme should break it down and remove it. But if there is a lot of damage in the same area, it is left to build up. That’s when the problems surface.]
A study performed at Stony Brook University in New York and published in The Journal of Neuroscience investigated how body posture during sleep affects brain waste removal in mice. (4) The researchers used MRI scans to image the brains with the animals in all three sleeping positions – supine (lying on the back), prone (lying on the stomach) and lateral (lying on the side).
The results showed the waste washed away through the glymphatic system most efficiently when the mice were in the right lateral (side) position compared to the supine or prone positions.The brains of the animals in the lateral position cleaned out 77 percent and 66 percent better than those in the prone and supine positions. What’s more, the mice lying in the prone and supine positions retained 58 percent and 62 percent of the ‘sludge’ in their brains.” (12)
Sleep position, related article:
The following text that will eventually be moved to the “Testing & Treatment” article.
- Inclined Bed (6 degrees)
2/16/18: See You Tube video (youtube.com/watch?v=Hhg6L-2qT5A ) and Mercola article: articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/02/15/inclined-bed-therapy.aspx. This is not the same as raising the torso portion of your mattress; the entire mattress is tilted by 6 degrees. The video shows how to adjust your bed. The article provides the benefits of doing this.
Toxin from MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) Scans
12/2/2017: A metallic “contrast agent” – gadolinium – used in up to half of all MRI scans in the US, may be toxic to the central nervous system (2, 6c, 11). It is banned in the EU. Small amounts of this agent can end up in your brain and remain there for years, or for the remainder of your life. While “experts” have argued for years that it cannot pass the blood/brain barrier, but a Mayo Clinic Study (6c) involving autopsy analysis of neurons and brain tissue from pwoplw who had between 4 and 18 MRIs each, shoed significant traces of gadolinium used in the MRIs were deposited permanently in the brain. Researcher Moshe Rogosnitzky stated, “Although gadolinium is bound to chelating agents designed to flush out the rare metal following an MRI, it has been found to deposit in the brain, bone and other organs.”
[Cat’s note: I speculate it may also negatively impact the kidneys during the ‘flushing’ process.]
Vision Loss and Alzheimer’s/Dementia – a connection
(from Mercola, 9/4/17). Discusses:
- The role of amyloid beta and Alzheimer’s
- Too much free-iron in blood
- EMFs play a role
- Zinc and antioxidants help
- Astazanthin (a carotene) may help
- Mitochondrial dysfunction at heart of Alzheimer’s (Dr. Bredesen video)
- Alzheimer’s screening tests
See Jeff Hays Films article, or TTAC for a different take. TTAC article summary:
- It is frequently misreported that Dr. Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize for finding that cancer cannot live in an oxygen rich or alkaline environment.
- Instead, what Warburg discovered, and what he was awarded a Nobel Prize for, was for simply making the discovery that low oxygen was characteristic of cancer cells.
- Lack of oxygen is not the prime cause of cancer − toxins are the prime cause of cancer. It is the cancer process itself which causes most of the lack of oxygen, not the lack of oxygen which causes the cancer process.
- In his later years Otto Warburg became convinced that illness resulted from pollution. This is in line with the findings of the late great French scientist Antoine Bechamp who believed that illness is the result of a combination of toxins and an unhealthy cellular terrain.
- Since the beginning of the industrial age, man has created over 100,000 unnatural chemical compounds. These are now in the air we breathe, the soil our plants are grown in, and the water we drink.
- Providing the body with extra healthy oxygen is still highly beneficial. The trick with trying to beat cancer with oxygen is getting the oxygen inside the cells.
- Extra oxygen as well as a healthy alkaline diet are both very healthy things to do, but it is the author’s strong belief that relying solely on either oxygen or increased pH to beat cancer is not advisable.
TTAC article references:
- Otto Warburg – Biographical (15a)
- Otto Warburg – Award Ceremony Speech (15b)
- The Role of Oxygen, Antioxidants and Toxins in the Cancer Process (15c)
- A Rational Theory of Cancer (15d)
(Numbers in parenthesis are the original reference numbers, which should be replaced by the new numbers/letters after reorganizing the references alphabetically by site name.
- (2) American Academy of Neurology:eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-09/aaon-cyb091014.php; and Prevention: prevention.com/health/health-concerns/ab-blood-type-and-memory-problems
- (5) businesswire.com/news/home/20171101006063/en/Actor-Chuck-Norris-Wife-Gena-Norris-Announce
- Green Valley Natural Solutions:
- (13) Journal of Neuroscience: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4524974/
- (17) articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/04/12/beets-may-help-prevent-alzheimers.aspx
- (18) articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/03/08/idiopathic-normal-pressure-hydrocephalus.aspx
- (19a) articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/04/15/pqq-berberine-mitochondrial-enhancers.aspx;
- (19b) articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/04/05/berberine-anxiety-depression.aspx;
- (19c) articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/05/05/extended-youth-extreme-longevity.aspx;
- (19d) articles.mercola.com/ketogenic-diet.aspx
- NCBI (Pub Med):
- (3) ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10782126/
- (4) ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12076218/
- (6) ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28653860
- (9) ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17167099
- (10) ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15212849
- Hearing loss and incident dementia (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21320988)
- (1) MIND Protocol article: newsmax.com/Health/Headline/MIND-protocol-lifestyle-plan/2015/04/06/id/636763/
- (11) Neurology Reviews (mdedge.com/neurologyreviews/article/114150/alzheimers-cognition/glymphatic-system-may-play-key-role-removing
- (16) Oregon State: lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/dietary-factors/l-carnitine
- (8) Research Gate: researchgate.net/publication/283857212_Dose-dependent_hemorheological_effects_and_microcirculatory_modifications_following
- (7) Springer Link: link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10534-016-9931-7
- (14) Stony Brook Medicine: americangeriatrics.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/Helene_Benveniste_MD_PhD.pdf
- (12) Stony Brook Newsroom: stonybrook.edu/newsroom/general/150804sleeping.php
- (20) superfoodly.com/health-benefits-of-high-pqq-foods-vs-supplement-sources/
- TTAC (The Truth About Cancer) article links:
- Otto Warburg – Biographical (nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1931/warburg-bio.html)
- Otto Warburg – Award Ceremony Speech (nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1931/press.html)
- The Role of Oxygen, Antioxidants and Toxins in the Cancer Process (nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1931/press.html)
- A Rational Theory of Cancer (tbyil.com/Rational_Cancer_Theory.htm
- TTAC (The Truth About Cancer) general links:
- Neurology: Midlife cardiovascular fitness and dementia
Homocysteine imbalance connected to a higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease (naturalhealth365.com/homocysteine-science-news-2598.html)
- Dr Glen Rothfeld on HSV virus and Dementia:
- video transcript (This Deadly Sleeper Virus Triggers Alzheimers): pro.nutritionandhealing.com/p/NAH171211A/E640U963/Full or pro.nutritionandhealing.com/p/NAH181105A/E640UCCS/Full
- book: The Complete Guide to Reversing Alzheimer’s; see the purchase site (secure.nutritionandhealing.com/NAH171211A/E640U963/index.htm) or alternate purchase site (secure.nutritionandhealing.com/NAH181105A/E640UCCS/index.htm?pageNumber=2).
- See also: healthline.com/health-news/evidence-of-link-between-herpes-and-dementia#4); and (sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/10/181019100702.htm)
- Green Med Info (Sayer Ji):
- foods, spices and the brain: greenmedinfo.com/blog/research-foodsspices-slow-perhaps-reverse-alzheimers
- Examine on bacopa-monnieri: examine.com/supplements/bacopa-monnieri
- Scicuious: scicurious.scientopia.org/2012/02/29/whats-fuel-for-the-body-is-fuel-for-the-brain-a-story-of-glycogen
- metabolicfactor.com/p/aff/quiz/42362 (or My link-to reference my info)
- Science Daily:
- Mother Earth Living article:
- motherearthliving.com/gardening/plant-profile/healing-gotu-kola-zm0z18mazols includes among its references:
- (22b) cms.herbalgram.org/herbclip/104/review41815.html;
- (22c) umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/gotu-kola;
- (22d) search.informit.com.au/documentSummary;dn=141015308096078;res=IELHEA ;
- (22e) cms.herbalgram.org/herbclip/362/review050281-362.html ;
- Life Extension: lifeextension.com/Magazine/2008/4/New-Research-On-The-Health-Benefits-Of-Green-Tea/Page-01
- My food data: myfooddata.com/articles/high-choline-foods.php
- Web MD: webmd.com/balance/news/20030828/herb-sage-improves-memory
- Natural News:
- Improve Your Memory and Prevent Alzheimer’s with Sage (naturalnews.com/029693_memory_sage.html)
- Elderberry Trumps Tamiflu for Flu Remedy (naturalnews.com/026354_elderberry_Tamiflu_immune_system.html
- About “Genesis:” supplementpolice.com/genesis-green-valley-natural-solutions/
- Dr Axe:
- Gold Leaf Nutritionals:
- Alliance for Health: pro.allianceforadvancedhealth.com/p/AAH_alzaccidentfoureight_0618/EAAHV104/Full
- Jonathan Otto: healthsecret.com/blog/2019/07/02/heavy-metals-linked-to-alzheimers/ includes a 1½ hour video
- Video sales-pitch for supplement Reawaken: reawakenyourmind.com/lp
- Best Health Nutritionals: besthealthnutritionals.com/blog/2018/10/19/dementia-by-toxin/